Sunday, June 17, 2007

What A Weekend

So this weekend was awesome. First of all, I went to a rodeo on Friday. It was a really good rodeo. I wasn't sure if it would be good or not but it was really good. Then on Saturday, we went down to Grand Tetons. It was so amazing. We went down to Grant and got a room down there. We were in a cabin and it wasn't the best. Good thing it was for the employees and not the guest. Then we headed down to the Tetons. We drove down and took pictures and then we went and ate at this restaurant where we sat on the balcony and looked at the mountains while we were eating. It was amazing. Then we went to Jenny Lake. Where we took a boat over the lake for about 10 min. Then we went on a hike up to a waterfall. It started raining but Becca and I still went on up to see the waterfall while the other two headed back down. When we got up there it started hailing on us. It was weird because it was the only time I can say that I got sunburned while it was hailing. Then we went into Jackson and ate at a BBQ place. It was really good to get to eat some good food for once. And then we saw an airplane. I haven't seen one of them for 2 months, they were all making fun of me. So the next day, we went driving around and saw some more waterfalls and some other wonderful places. Now I'm going to bed cause it has been a long couple of days. Miss Ya.

Wow so after I read this I realized that I hadn't mentioned any of the animals that I saw. We saw a male moose, they called him Marty the Moose. We saw him at Moose Junction. What a name. Then later we saw a Mom Moose with it's baby. They were cute. But she noticed that we were there and so she went to hide the baby. Also while we were at Grant, we saw a Grizzly. Apparently we were sitting in the van looking out the window and he walked right behind us. But all of a sudden we saw people running out of the dinning room, so we knew something was going on. We drove down the road and I saw it walking right toward us. He was really big. But then we walked into the wooded area so we lost him. A little later while we were waiting for him to come back out, an elk went into the woods. So we thought that we were going to see a kill. That would have been really cool to see. The next day we saw some pronghorn and she had a little baby with her. And when we were watching the sunset we saw an otter and a beaver. Well I think that's all so Later.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Wow! Great Pics! Less than 2 weeks and we'll be there! Can't wait to see you. You look great in the pictures. Love ya,